Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Adventures of a Mad Lady: Plants vs Zombies Edition

My brother Al is a big fan of the game Plants vs Zombies, and one day he decided to ask me to make him one. I do make amigurumi (toys) every once in a while but not at this level of detail. I put that project on hold for a while until his birthday was getting close and I did not know what to get him. I decided, hey I have one month before his birthday, I definitely have the time to do this. I even have the yarn already.


Speaking of having the yarn already, I remember going to Walmart one day and seeing all the Redheart yarn on sale. I bought a skien of every color. Including the strange green that my husband held in his hand asking: "Where would you ever use this Ugly color?!" 

Anyways back to the Zombie, I looked online for a pattern since I had no time to come up with it myself, I had a one week of unpaid vacation and this had to happen now or never. I came across a pattern on Ravelry by AradiyaToys.

I started making the toy with my size 4 yarn but it looked like it was going to be very big. I decided to go with size 10 crochet thread instead and 1.00 mm crochet hook. 
For reference, this is the size 1.00 mm crochet hook






 Making these itty bitty fingers was so hard









I did end up spending my whole vacation time on making this, but what a rush. Finishing something with this much detail was a first for me and I was proud of myself. I did have to pay the chiropractor a visit couple of times a week for a month after this but it was worth it, and I would do it all over again


Patter by : AradiyaToys on Ravelry
Materials Used:
1.00 mm Crochet hook
electric wire (fro legs and foot)
artiste #10 crochet thread in colors: Hemp, Aspen, Papaya, Fudge
Aunt Lydia's  #10 crochet thread in colors: Dark Royal, White
knitpicks Curio #10 crochet thread in color: Hollyberry
Cotton thread (Friendship bracelets thread or embroidery thread) in pink and black 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick the right shoes for your workout

We need to talk shoes 👟👟. A lot of people including me experienced knee pain when we first did Zumba. Most of the time the reason is tha...